Go Back   Sonos Forums > Digital Expert

Old Oct 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Default Sonos and Leopard

Anybody else got problem with Leopard and Windows sharing? I turn it on (slightly different procedure from Tiger - SMB sharing on instead of "Windows"), but Sonos software still give me error messages on starting up. Any solution?
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Digital Expert

What's the error message?
Old Oct 26th, 2007, 10:41 PM

Default Same Issue

Hi, I also am having trouble. It says that either the computer name doesn't exist, folders not being shared, and to check the firewall. I have followed the new Leopard procedures and still no glory. Deinstalled and reinstalled SONOS as well. As an aside, I also run a photo streamer called Photovu and it too has gone "off net" since I moved to Leopard.
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 12:12 AM

Thumbs down

same problem
if a press play on de desktop-controller
comes:UPNP Error 1000: Unknown error

that is not good....we do b&bfast and wellness...so sonossystem is the only musis we have here ...so no music this weekend for the clients...not so good sonos !!!!
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 12:52 AM

Wink 10.5 + 2.5 = 13

This is really a bummer! Let's hope that the people at Sonos pick up on this and provide a bugfix today or tomorrow. I cannot imagine that none of the Sonos employees have run into this problem themselves by now. The Sonos form factor suggests that some of them may have a Mac mini at home
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 01:44 AM

Default Seemed to have solved itself

Now it all works perfectly! And I really don't understand why (or rather, why not...). I don't remember the exact words, but the error message went something like this: "Sonos has detected that Windows sharing is not turned on on your computer. Please turn it on using the following procedure...". This came every time I started the Sonos Controller software on my brand new 20" iMac with Leopard installed. And yes - I did turn Windows sharing (SMB) on. Suddenly - when I finally gave up and just let the error message hang on the screen - the music came alive. Approx 30 minutes or so after my last, futile effort the error message was gone, and everything worked as before. Destiny? Hand of God? (:

Last edited by toneset; Oct 27th, 2007 at 01:56 AM.
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 03:28 AM

Default access to //EDmini/sharedenied

3 zone players and a controller plus AppleMac desktop controller. Updated software. Re-booted each player and controller but continue to receive sharedenied message - help!
Thanks

Iainmac
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 03:47 AM

I have same problem - v2.2 worked fine on Leopard. Will leave v2.5 running anh ope it fixes itself...
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 06:16 AM

Smile Problem solved

I think I know what causes the problem. Turning on sharing using SMB (Samba) changes your computer name to something like MACxxxxxxxxxxxx, where x is a hexadecimal digit (0-F). Instead of trying to set up your music library via Sonos Desktop Controller, use your Controller (System Settings>Music Library Management>Music Library Setup). Type in your username and password and the system will take it from there, provided that you had already enabled file sharing using SMB (System Preferences>Sharing>Options...).
Old Oct 27th, 2007, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geert View Post
same problem
if a press play on de desktop-controller
comes:UPNP Error 1000: Unknown error

that is not good....we do b&bfast and wellness...so sonossystem is the only musis we have here ...so no music this weekend for the clients...not so good sonos !!!!
if you still have a problem, you can go to one of the other music sources on your controller, like sirius or napster, use free trial, and have at least some music. did that last night until fix came through.