Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Jul 1st, 2007, 06:54 AM

Default Unable to Connect to Rhapsody

My 4 Zone Sonos has been working perfectly for months - mainly use the Rhapsody service. For the last 24 hours, I've been getting "Unable to play....- the Connection to Rhapsody was lost". Being a network admin, here's what I've done to troubleshoot (to no avail):

Fired up the home PC and can successfully run the Rhapsody software. Rhapsody IS working fine and I can successfully play "My Artists"

Fired up the SONOS software on the Home PC and verified that Rhapsody cannot run from there either

Reset the modem and router - everything comes back up great, but still no Rhapsody on the SONOS

Disconnected the Zoneplayer that connects to the Internet and reconnected. Cycled the power on this player. Did a reset on the controller. Nuthin, nuthin, nuthin....

All ZonePlayers are on the network - they can all play music from my NAS

Dropped the Rhapsody setup from the Sonos software and re-added (password is correct - has not changed)

Router shows DHCP addresses for all ZonePlayers

What's the deal? Is Rhapsody down? (guess if it was, there would be lots of complaints....haven't seen any of the forum). I've made no changes to my network, configuration. Since I can't even access Rhapsody from my SONOS software, seems like it's not really my SONOS as much as it is something between Rhapsody and SONOS? Any thoughts / comments / suggestions? SUpport is closed on Sunday...guess it's my limited MP3 connection for the BBQ tonight....
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgpilot View Post
What's the deal? Is Rhapsody down? (guess if it was, there would be lots of complaints....haven't seen any of the forum).
Didn't search hard enough!

Try here.
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 07:46 AM

Default same problem

If you figure it out, please post.
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 08:29 AM

I'll do some more searching, I've tried multiple workarounds like deleting my rhapsody library, but Rhapsody is down and I even have customers calling me complaining of the same thing. It's been down for like 20 hours. I'm sorry if I posted in the wrong section, I'll post in the correct one, but I just wanted to confirm that sometime yesterday afternooon, the service stopped working. This same behavior is happening to everyone, the song starts playing for a few seconds even though you don't hear the music and then it says you can not connect to rhapsody. I really love this system but shouldn't there be some sort of status page that says, "This is happing and we are doing that to fix it, please be patient?"

Thanks

Jason (Customer, and Dealer)
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 08:53 AM

I tested Rhapsody with the PC (non-sonos) client and it is having problems as well. It connects but after a few seconds a dialog pops up and says something about a server error that is causing me to log out.

Maybe Real will notice the problem when they get back on Monday. :-(
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 10:42 AM

Thumbs up Times Like These: PANDORA saves the day!

Denver & mountains; Rhapsody down as well as of Saturday.

BUT I've been happy as a clam with Pandora Radio & at $3 month, makes you think!!!
Old Jul 1st, 2007, 11:02 AM
Sonos Support Team

Hello Everyone,

We have notified Rhapsody and they are aware of the outage. It should be resolved ASAP. I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing. This is being discussed here, and I encourage you all to post replies in that thread rather than have another separate one.

Thanks,

Sid