Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Mar 31st, 2007, 05:12 PM

Default Sonos and TV

Just got my Sonos system. Not at all techie minded. Can I just ask whether anyone knows if I can connect the Sonos to a TV so that it plays thru the TV speakers? We have small rooms here in the UK and I just want to have as few wires as possible -- not to mention the fact that I have not bought any speakers so cannot try the Sonos out! Any solutions would be gratefully appreciated. Thanks. Jane
Old Mar 31st, 2007, 05:42 PM

goonerdgw,

If your TV will accept external inputs, connect Line-Out from a ZonePlayer to the audio channels of your TV's external input.

Note that there will be two volume controls to deal with -- SONOS and the TV's own volume control. You'll need to figure out a plan to deal with them.
Old Apr 1st, 2007, 01:35 AM

Unless your tv has external speakers (plasma) you'll have to turn the tv on every time you play music....

As you are in the UK, you may have a line-in possibility through the scart plug. You can buy special scart line-in adapters for this.

If your speakers are external, you may hook them up to both your TV and your Sonos ZP100 speaker terminals. If you haven't bought speakers for your plasma yet, have a look at these: Sound Projector (they hook up to line out).
Old Apr 2nd, 2007, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avee View Post
Unless your tv has external speakers (plasma) you'll have to turn the tv on every time you play music....

As you are in the UK, you may have a line-in possibility through the scart plug. You can buy special scart line-in adapters for this.

If your speakers are external, you may hook them up to both your TV and your Sonos ZP100 speaker terminals. If you haven't bought speakers for your plasma yet, have a look at these: Sound Projector (they hook up to line out).
You must use some sort of "box" to do this. If you directly hook both amplifiers to the same speakers, the best outcome you can expect is that only one amplifier will be destroyed.