Go Back   Sonos Forums > Digital Music

Old May 1st, 2005, 08:38 AM

Default Connection to Rhapsody was Lost Error

I keep getting this error for the past hour now even though:

1. I have an internet connection active
2. I can play songs via the Rhapsody PC Player
3. I have rebooted and restarted Rhapsody countless times.
4. I can play my SONOS library just fine.

About 5 days with Rhapsody and I'm close to not extending my free month. Of course, a lot of this may have to do with my flaky(lately) Comcast Hi-speed cable connection, but trying to rely on comcast+24 hr need for streaming music might be a bad combination for now.

It would just suck when I have a party at the house, demonstrating my SONOS gear that Rhapsody would cut out in the middle.
Old May 1st, 2005, 09:09 AM
Digital Expert

Default Same Problem

I am getting the same problem. My guess is a problem on their end. My Sonos was working fine until mid-morning.

Sometimes it will play a song and then fail right after. It seems like a Rhapsody server timeout that the Sonos may be more sensitive to. The Rhapsody client connects but it, too, is slow in doing so.

Please let the forum know if you see an improvement later. I will do the same if things clear up here.

Thanks.

-Stu
Old May 1st, 2005, 09:46 AM

Default same with me

I noticed the same problem this morning. In general, Rhapsody works reasonably well for me. However, this morning, I lost the connection and could not reestablish it (although everything else works).

Overall, Rhapsody through Sonos gives a great demo (when it works). However, I don't know that I've ever been able to play an entire album, beginning to end.
Old May 1st, 2005, 10:38 AM

Default same here with Verizon

I'm using Verizon DSL...and, I'm having the same Rhapsody problem.
Old May 1st, 2005, 11:34 AM
Digital Expert

Thank god I'm not the only one. This has me tearing my hair out. Rhapsody plays fine on pc. Upnp is turned on and the zp is visible.

Rhapsody library shows up fine in ZP (both desktop and controller). When I select something to play it fails with a variety of errors mostly indicating it isn't connecting to rhapsody over the net.

non-rhapsody internet radio works fine so I know I'm online.

This was working fine last night and works sporadically (maybe 1 out 10 times) now.

Rhapsody service problem I assume? Wierd though that Rhapsody on PC works but ZP doesn't.
Old May 1st, 2005, 12:17 PM
Digital Expert

Davidweb you are not alone i have optimum cable and for everything other then Sonso/Rhapsody it is great. But i am getting the same errors that you and everyone else in this topic are getting. I am starting to get disillusioned with this combo. Hopefully Sonos/Rhapsody can get the kinks worked out.

There is nothing worse then when you are showing your new "toy" to someone and low and behold you look at your controller and say what just happened? Where is my music (Rhapsody).
Old May 1st, 2005, 12:18 PM

Default Me too, with crashes

I'm having the same Rhapsody connection problems, though mine crashes when I try to shut it down.

Also, it seems tough to get queued-up Rhapsody songs out of the Sonos controller after the Rhapsody connection seizes up. Often, I can't delete the Rhapsody tunes from the queu without restarting the Sonos controller.

Anybody else seeing this behavior?
Old May 1st, 2005, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassrootsLA
I'm having the same Rhapsody connection problems, though mine crashes when I try to shut it down.

Also, it seems tough to get queued-up Rhapsody songs out of the Sonos controller after the Rhapsody connection seizes up. Often, I can't delete the Rhapsody tunes from the queu without restarting the Sonos controller.

Anybody else seeing this behavior?
I'm not getting that behaviour. Although, sometimes there's a lag between when I press the clear queue button to actual deletion.
Old May 1st, 2005, 01:11 PM
Digital Expert

Default same problem just started

Rhapsody and Sonus was working fine all early morning then just now started the same crashes, error statements and slow action of desktop controller, but works fine if I access my library directly from rhapsody and play music on my PC.
Old May 1st, 2005, 01:52 PM

Well, I guess I'm happy that it's not just me. I hope they get this cleared up soon. I can put up with this while it's a free trial but I won't consider paying for the Rhapsody service until these stability issues get resolved.