Go Back   Sonos Forums > Getting Started with Sonos

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM

Default Sonos sucks

This is the most ridiculous system I have ever worked with....constantly fails to connect. Fail to reset....fails just about everything. Do NOT buy this system unless you are dying to spend many frustrating hours wanting to throw the entire set out the window.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 12:10 AM

So, exactly what response did Sonos Support give you when you clearly described your network, your system, and the precise faults you were experiencing?
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 01:02 AM

He hasn't called support.
or
If he has, they would have already told him what the problem is and the changes they suggested he makes to his network have not been applied.

So he grabbed his Fablet (Fabulous Tablet) and created this post
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 01:58 AM

Just what does gabbot getting into a strop hope to achieve? Certainly won't put off those who have taken the time and trouble to research their Sonos purchase, and have been reassured by the excellence of both Sonos Support and the many users who post on this forum to help those less knowledgable. Added to a correctly configured network, there's not a lot that can match Sonos for its flexible range of products, ease of installation, user-friendly interface, updating of its firmware and its overall stability. I could go on.

Of course we are dealing with a wireless technology based range of products, so yes, problems can and do arise. But to say "this is the most ridiculous system..." etc without even attempting to understand it or fix it is just patent nonsense.
Zone 6:- ZP90-->Altec ACS340; WD100; CR100: Zone 7:- ZP120-->Linn Sweetspots: Zone 8:- P:5B
Other:- 2xBR100: iPod touch: 2xiPhone ICR: 2xiPads
NAS:- CD Rips QNAP TS-209 Pro II 1.5TB RAID 1: HQ Music Library QNAP TS-209 II 1.0TB RAID 1
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 02:10 AM

Don't feed the troll.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigN View Post
Just what does gabbot getting into a strop hope to achieve?
It is just a rant.

He/she isn't looking for help and my guess is that it is a "drive-by" post.

However, should gabbot return to the forum and explain the issues then I'm sure people would be glad to help.

Personally, when I first got my Sonos components I was a little disappointed that there was so little to set up. I plugged them in and they were working seconds later, whereas perversely, I was hoping for a bit more to do. I've heard others say the same.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 04:43 AM

When I get home with new computer stuff, I usually wait that I am in a good mood before intalling as it is never as easy as it it advertised.

When I installed Sonos, I was frustrated because I had not planned anything else to do that day..

(Funny in a way, I think being non computer and going stock apple and not playing with any network settings to tweak things probably makes my Sonos install and interaction with my network flawless)
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicalchairs View Post
He hasn't called support.
I don't think so either.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
This is the most ridiculous system I have ever worked with....constantly fails to connect. Fail to reset....fails just about everything. Do NOT buy this system unless you are dying to spend many frustrating hours wanting to throw the entire set out the window.
You are obviously the competition...you probably sell bose. My unit set up easier than I could have hoped for....It doesnt get any easier than Sonos
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 10:05 AM

I'm new to Sonos.....I was up and running within 5 minutes of opening the Sonos Play3 box.....Looking forward to adding to my system....