Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:56 AM

Default Problem after Power Cut

Hi, I have two Play:3's and this morning there was a power cut. When the power came back up no controllers (mac/pc/ipad etc.) could see the speakers.

I've tried re-starting the router and the speakers but with no luck. I've re-set the controller and tried to re-connect from the start (by pressing the mute/+ keys when prompted) but the controllers can never see the speakers. Any ideas? It was flawless up to now.

cheers,

Matt
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:07 AM

Living in India, power cuts are frequent. I have rarely had a problem when the power comes back, after the time to reboot on their own, all Sonos units are back to normal function.

Before I reserved IP addresses on my router for all Sonos components including the devices hosting the controller app, I sometimes needed to do the full reboot procedure.

Turn off power to all units, including the router and modem. Apply power in sequence to each, waiting for each to reboot, in the following order:
1. Modem
2. Router
3. Wired to router Sonos units
4. Wireless Sonos units
5. Controller hosting devices

I suggest you do this once and things should be ok.

Since the IP reservation done a couple of months ago, the system has come back to full functionality on its own after every power outage.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:18 AM

Hi Kumar, thanks for this. I think IP reservation is a good idea. I'll do this along with your other suggestions.

cheers,

Matt
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 02:39 PM

Default wireless routers

really don't like power cuts. I actually had power cuts totally kill my wireless router. Can you ping the router from a computer. Is the everything else on the wireless network still ok?
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM

thank you all for useful posting