Go Back   Sonos Forums > Digital Expert

Old Feb 23rd, 2012, 11:22 PM

Default I need suggestions on how to store import cds on NAS for playing on Sonos

I have some import cds by some of my favourite artists that I am about to rip using dBpoweramp CD Ripper. Once the cds have been ripped, I will store them on my NAS for playing on Sonos.

The above mentioned process in itself shouldn't cause any problems. However, the problem is that I want the import cds to be displayed after the "regular" cds when I search for albums on Sonos by any of the artists I have import albums by. For instance, if I search for albums by Paul Weller, I want the "regular" albums like Stanley Road, 22 Dreams, Wild Wood etc. to be displayed at the top of the list, and then the import album More Wood (Little Splinters) to be displayed at the bottom of the list.

As it is now, albums will be listed alphabetically, and therefore More Wood (Little Splinters) will be shown somewhere in the middle of my list of Paul Weller albums.

Does anybody know how I can get Sonos to display import cds at the bottom of the list of albums? I have tried typing (Import) before the title of the import album, but unfortunately a bracket is regarded as prior to any letter in the alphabet, and consequently the import cd will be listed at the top of the album list instead of at the bottom. Are there any other symbols I could use before the title of my import cds to get them listed at the bottom of the album list? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Best regards
Sybrandt.