Go Back   Sonos Forums > Getting Started with Sonos

Old Dec 27th, 2011, 12:02 PM

I recommend contacting Sonos Support. Something about your system is causing the SDC to insist on public rules, something a system like Sonos shouldn't need. Perhaps it's something in the config of your PC, or maybe they're doing something different in the versions of the SDC that came after my initial install, which was a couple of years ago on this PC.
Old Dec 27th, 2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agb007 View Post
My win7 works so not all win7 have problems. I have a xp and iPod touch that doesen't work but waiting for new router.

agron
and with that new router all problems are solved
Philips SLM-5500, Apple TV
New Part: Sonos Play 3, Sonos Dock
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 07:54 AM

Count me in on the side of those having problems. Windows 7 64 bit Professional; a work system but I have access to all the configuration, so have tried disabling the firewall and stopping the VPN service and stopping my anti-virus service (McAfee). Cannot get it to see the sonos players. I tried the suggestion of setting the inbound rules to both public and private, didn't work. Really hope Sonos comes up with a suggestion that works. Or a controller for the Playbook so I could use that instead.
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by abrock_ca View Post
Count me in on the side of those having problems. Windows 7 64 bit Professional; a work system but I have access to all the configuration, so have tried disabling the firewall and stopping the VPN service and stopping my anti-virus service (McAfee). Cannot get it to see the sonos players. I tried the suggestion of setting the inbound rules to both public and private, didn't work. Really hope Sonos comes up with a suggestion that works. Or a controller for the Playbook so I could use that instead.
It certainly does seem that (at least some of us) on win 7-64 are suffering problems running the sonos controller, but...........not all of us are experiencing an identical problem. Yours doesn't work even when disabling the firewall but mine does. Having said that, it decided to work today after about a week, so it must be something very subtle that's causing it. No doubt between all of us we will find a "fits all" solution given time and experimentation.
Old Dec 29th, 2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeDoubleUDee View Post
It certainly does seem that (at least some of us) on win 7-64 are suffering problems running the sonos controller, but...........not all of us are experiencing an identical problem. Yours doesn't work even when disabling the firewall but mine does. Having said that, it decided to work today after about a week, so it must be something very subtle that's causing it. No doubt between all of us we will find a "fits all" solution given time and experimentation.
I agree that must be something subtle; I could swear it worked for me a few months ago, when I first tested it. Mostly my husband does the controlling using his iPad, so I hadn't tried again until just this week, when he got me the complete Beatle's collection...

Will keep my fingers crossed! he's not always here with his iPad...
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 01:44 AM

Default Sonos Bridge and Windows 7 issue

Hi

I had the same issue as mentioned by others. Sonos equipment work perfect (Bridge, ZP120, Play3, Ipad, iPhones)
but two Win7 64b laptops could not connect, even not directly wired to the bridge.
Sonos support detected multiple subnet caused the issue.
You may check by typing ARP -a in the command prompt.
In my case issue was originating from Virtual Box/VM Ware. So disable these devices in Network Devices and reconnect the Bridge.
After solving the issue, I could enable those devices again without any issue.

Hope this will help you..
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 06:58 AM

Paul - you are brilliant! consider yourself king of Sonos! Disabling the VMs did work for me! whoooo ooooooo!!! I can play my Beatles!

I haven't tried re-enabling them, but I'll assume that will work and, if it doesn't, I don't need them on when I'm playing music.

Thank you!!!
Anne
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 12:49 PM

Anne, Thx for the kudos. Glad that your issue is solved now. You can reenable your vm network devices now without any issue.
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 02:33 PM

Thumbs up My fix - hope it works for someone else!

I know I am slightly in the wrong place as I am using Windows Vista on my laptop, but other than that I have been experiencing exactly the same problems as everyone else here for the since I got my sonos eqpt a month ago, but I fixed it tonight. Here is my setup and what I did to fix it:

Sonos Desktop Controller ver361

Windows Vista
AVG Anti Virus Free
Zone Alarm Free
VMWare Player - I think this is the big problem as it creates Virtual Adapters!!

Sonos Bridge
Sonos Play:3

I fixed it by doing all following these steps (some of which I had tried before and hadnt worked, new things I tried tonight are asterisked)

Note - no RJ45 cable was plugged in to my laptop, so only a wireless connection was used.

Logged on as an administrator

Downloaded controller

Temporarily stopped AVG service

Engaged Gaming Option on Zone Alarm*

Right clicked the installer app and ran as an administrator and installed the application using all defaults

Attempted to connect Zone bridge - failed!

Went into Zone Alarm settings and changer the desktop controller installer settings to allow all access to internet and trusted zones*

Niticed in network and sharing that my internet connection was using "Multiple Connections" so disabled all Virtual network adapters as created by VMware Player - Maintained my physical wireless adapter for connecting to my wireless router*

Clicked back on the sonos desktop controller software to re-try connecting - SUCCESS!

Re-instated AVG, Zone Alarm and additional VMware network Adapters and re-tested connection - still fine.

Rebooted laptop and software still working, so fingers crossed it will keep working.

Hope this helps someone else as it was doing my head in!
Old Dec 30th, 2011, 02:37 PM

Looks like I was a few hours behind you Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.jannink@gmail.com View Post
Hi

I had the same issue as mentioned by others. Sonos equipment work perfect (Bridge, ZP120, Play3, Ipad, iPhones)
but two Win7 64b laptops could not connect, even not directly wired to the bridge.
Sonos support detected multiple subnet caused the issue.
You may check by typing ARP -a in the command prompt.
In my case issue was originating from Virtual Box/VM Ware. So disable these devices in Network Devices and reconnect the Bridge.
After solving the issue, I could enable those devices again without any issue.

Hope this will help you..

Tags
controller, vmware, windows