Go Back   Sonos Forums > Digital Expert

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 07:52 AM

Question no sound on sonos s5

After using my Sonos S5 for many months, todayi couldn't get any sound from my player for songs on my iPod or line in. This is despite all the indicator lights working, as well as the controller on my android detecting songs on my iPod and being able to change volume etc. The funny thing is that sound for radio is working. I have tried factory reset but that did not help. Please help me!
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 09:46 AM

Welcome to the forums.

Factory-reset is something we discourage users from doing unless recommended by Sonos or a senior forum member. It rarely resolves fundamental problems, can destroy useful diagnostic data and risks losing all your system settings, subscriptions, etc.

Tell us a bit more about your system. Include all the components. What's wired and what's wireless? What works and what doesn't? You say Internet radio works perfectly? When you attempting to play from the iPod is it in a Sonos Dock? Where is the Line-In connection, if it's not on the S5 itself?
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 02:58 PM

Along with Ratty's post, I'd love to be able to see a diagnostic from your system if you please. You can find instructions on how here and simply reply back (or PM me) the confirmation number.