Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:19 PM

Default Spotify not working(?)

Found out this morning that I am no longer able to play songs from Spotify (from Sweden).
It worked yesterday evening but this morning I can access Spotify from Sonos Controller, see playlists etc, but when trying to add or play a song I get the message "Could not add song(s) to queue".
I have checked from a computer and iPhone and I am able to play songs there.
Sonos - Spotify gateway issues?

/Mattias
Old Aug 27th, 2011, 11:25 PM

Update: seems to be working now...(?)
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 04:13 AM

I have been having the same trouble with my system. It has been more frequent since I tarted using two S5 in a group, but I don't think it's related.

However, it was broken yesterday, and a restart fixed my problem.

Today, same problem, so I ungrouped my two S5 and noticed that I could play spotify from one of them, but not the other.

There have been talk about the Sonos player can end up with some sort of "stale cache" which obviously makes the system unable to actually play the tracks (perhaps the playlist or what not, maybe a manual search for a track and adding that could work?)

I do hope that they will release a fix for it soon, because having to reboot the system every few days is really annoying.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 04:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jishi View Post
There have been talk about the Sonos player can end up with some sort of "stale cache" which obviously makes the system unable to actually play the tracks ...
I'll admit to this speculation regarding the DNS cache. Without digging in the diagnostics for each player it's hard to put flesh on this theory, but I suffered from some players being unable to reach Spotify while others still could. A reboot cleared the problem.

Since this occurred after a major Spotify server outage I suspected that server IP addresses had changed and that some players hadn't caught up.

I wouldn't expect this to be a recurring issue.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 05:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratty View Post
I wouldn't expect this to be a recurring issue.
Okay, but I beg to differ then. Since the big outage this has happen to me at least 4 times, and yesterday I power cycled both units, and today I once again had trouble on one of the players.

I'll keep track and see if it is always the same player that stops working. Maybe there is some problem with it, or some software glitch.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 05:56 AM

Today, I have the same problem.

Unable to play Spotify on my associated ZP (1 of 2), plays on other ZP and will play as a linked pair after selecting through other ZP, but not on it's own.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVH123 View Post
Today, I have the same problem.

Unable to play Spotify on my associated ZP (1 of 2), plays on other ZP and will play as a linked pair after selecting through other ZP, but not on it's own.
Unless you're comfortable with digging through the diagnostics I suggest you submit them to Sonos and open a problem ticket quoting the diagnostic reference. Be sure to point out which ZP worked and which didn't.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 11:18 AM

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Spotify works fine on one zone (ZP-90), but not on the other (S5) in solo.

If I start playing on the zone that works I can bring the other zone in and play on both, but as soon as I drop the first zone it stops working again on the S5.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikfr View Post
I'm seeing the exact same thing. Spotify works fine on one zone (ZP-90), but not on the other (S5) in solo.

If I start playing on the zone that works I can bring the other zone in and play on both, but as soon as I drop the first zone it stops working again on the S5.
Welcome to the forums.

Reboot the S5 and see if that resolves things.
Old Aug 28th, 2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Welcome to the forums.
Thanks!

Quote:
Reboot the S5 and see if that resolves things.
That seems to have fixed the issue.

Thanks for the help.