Go Back   Sonos Forums > Getting Started with Sonos

Old Mar 26th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Default Unable to connect to iTunes library

I bought my Sonos on Thursday, and was able to set it up with my iTunes library then. But this morning, it couldn't play any songs on my library. I thought that perhaps I needed to re-index, so I did, and it still didn't work. Then I thought perhaps I needed to reconnect it with the library, so I deleted that library, and tried to re-add it. But now I try to add either the iTunes library directly, or I try to navigate directly to the iTunes media folder, and it still says that it "...can't find the computer XXXX..." But the computer that it's looking for is the one that I'm actually one. Help!
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 12:47 AM

Welcome to the forums.

If a station on the network has mysteriously become inaccessible, your router could have power-cycled resulting in IP address confusion.

As a first step restart your entire network. Power everything off and restart in order:

- modem (if separate)
- router
- wired Sonos devices
- wireless Sonos devices
- NAS, wired computers and other wired devices
- WiFi connected devices

Wait for each device to reboot fully before moving to the next.
Old Apr 29th, 2012, 11:43 AM

Default Same problem, Sonos can't find my computer

Hi, I'd love to hear a working response to this question. I upgraded to the new sonos controller and now can't access my itunes library--"sonos cannot find IMAC". I have tried checking and unchecking file sharing, I have gone through the power cycle. PLEASE HELP!!
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 11:49 AM

tls723,

Have you done the network reset described above?
Old May 3rd, 2012, 06:28 PM

Default Same Problem, restart doesn't help

Seems I'm experiencing the same thing. The restart sequence doesn't fix the problem. I can play music via Pandora and Spotify, but not my entire iTunes library. It appears I can only play songs I've ripped in, not purchased via the iTunes site. Is this a DRM issue, perhaps? I get a similar error message: UNABLE TO PLAY 'track x' UNABLE TO CONNECT TO '//folder location'.

The "unplayable" tracks include those very recently purchased as well as those downloaded via iTunes a couple of years ago. Help?