Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Dec 11th, 2005, 02:27 AM

Default Wireless bridge doesn't work with second ZP

My current configuration is that I have D-Link DI-624 Wireless Router connected to my cable modem. I then have my first ZP connected to the DI-624 using a Belkin Wireless Bridge model F5D7330.

This configuration works fine...no problems...internet radio works great. However, when I attempt to add a second ZP (wireless via Sonos' own wireless technology) I encounter all sorts of problems. In the main, the second ZP simply does not appear. When it is found I am unable to play any music through it. This issue appears to be caused by the Belkin wireless bridge. Since if I directly connect the first ZP to the DI-624 the second ZP works fine.

Very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I understand that the Linksys WET54GS5 appears to be the best solution to connect your first ZP to your computer wirelessly. Before I go out and make this investment (i.e., replace the Belkin Ethernet Bridge) I would like to know if I will also need to replace my DI-624 Wireless Router? And does the Linksys definately support a configuration with multiple ZPs?
Old Dec 11th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Sonos Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnold
My current configuration is that I have D-Link DI-624 Wireless Router connected to my cable modem. I then have my first ZP connected to the DI-624 using a Belkin Wireless Bridge model F5D7330.

This configuration works fine...no problems...internet radio works great. However, when I attempt to add a second ZP (wireless via Sonos' own wireless technology) I encounter all sorts of problems. In the main, the second ZP simply does not appear. When it is found I am unable to play any music through it. This issue appears to be caused by the Belkin wireless bridge. Since if I directly connect the first ZP to the DI-624 the second ZP works fine.

Very frustrating. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

I understand that the Linksys WET54GS5 appears to be the best solution to connect your first ZP to your computer wirelessly. Before I go out and make this investment (i.e., replace the Belkin Ethernet Bridge) I would like to know if I will also need to replace my DI-624 Wireless Router? And does the Linksys definately support a configuration with multiple ZPs?
Hi darnold. Some wireless bridges will only allow a second device to be connected - even though you could connect a 16 port switch to it, only one device would be given an IP address from the router. It sounds like the hardware you're using has this limitation as well.