Go Back   Sonos Forums > Internet Radio

Old Jun 16th, 2010, 10:21 AM

yes and yes

and I was using the same route to successfully listen to Pandora on my Sonos until a few days ago...
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 12:42 PM

can anyone help? I'm really missing my Pandora.

Someone suggested factory resetting all my units and re-registering - would that at least allow me to get my Pandora account back under Music Services??
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 02:17 PM

I have the feeling there is something wrong with your VPN, Sonos seems to be functioning as designed. In case you are outside the USA, your symptoms might mean Sonos is not using the VPN to connect to Pandora but goes directly through the internet.

I don't know how your service works exactly, in case there is a company on the other end, you might try to find out whether they changed something to their IP Addresses or whether Pandora started blocking them.
Old Jun 17th, 2010, 02:31 PM

Thanks Avee, that's helpful... I'll pursue that once I can get Pandora listed as one of my music services again.

Anyone any ideas how I can get it to appear in my list of services again after NoBoB helpfully suggested I remove it.
Old Jun 20th, 2010, 01:03 PM

can anyone confirm if I factory reset all of my Sonos units and controllers I will be able to re-register them and get back Pandora in Music Services or is that just a myth??
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 10:22 AM

Default Pandora on Sonos

Malcolm:

Have you had any luck running Pandora on Sonos. I am running it on my PC and IPAD and there is no problem but getting the same problem on Sonons. I am using VPN program but dont know how to use it for Sonos? Please let me know if you have had success?
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 11:12 AM

I managed to get it back as an Music Services option on all my Sonos controllers (my CR100s; the PC Desktop Controller and the Sonos app on my iPod Touch).

So I can go to Music, select Pandora Radio as an option and it gives me all my Pandora radio stations - which means it's logging into my Pandora account okay I guess - but then when I select any station it never plays. I get the error message "Unable to play xxxxxxxx Radio - the connection to Pandora was lost".

I too am using a VPN and can report that this did work some months back... and I can still listen to Pandora on my PC via Pandora.com in a browser or via their own app.

I'm was using this http://tinyurl.com/34httxz to config the VPN and I suspect what's happened is that Pandora has started using different IP addresses.

Last edited by MalcolmS; Aug 22nd, 2010 at 11:20 AM.
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM

Default Pandora

I guess in a PC or IPAd you can use VPN. The problem is that with Sonos you have to configue the VPN directly in the router which i am sure is not that easy.
Old Aug 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM

which is what I did Navira and it was working great until a few months back... I was lucky in that I have the same router as the one in the link so it was easy to setup.

At some I did have a tool that showed you what IP addresses Sonos was using and was able to add those when they changed before but I can't find that anymore. :-(
Old Aug 25th, 2010, 01:46 PM

I finally got Pandora working tonight again! :-)

I deleted my old VPN setup, rebooted my router and reset it up using the instructions here http://tinyurl.com/34httxz