Go Back   Sonos Forums > Internet Radio

Old Jun 14th, 2010, 11:44 AM

Default Pandora

i've been unable to connect to Pandora over Sonos for a couple of weeks now after it working flawlessly for years.

I always get the "unable to play... the connection to Pandora was lost" message.

On the CR100 it comes up when I select Pandora as a source. On my iTouch it logs in and I can see my Stations but when I select one I get the "Pandora was lost " message.

On my PC with the Desktop Controller s/w I get the same - I can see my stations but they all fail to play.

If I fire up my browser and go to www.pandora.com I can connect, see all my stations andplay them perfectly all day long.

Anyone any thoughts on what's going on, I'm missing my Pandora??

Malcolm
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 03:55 PM

There's isn't a Sonos zone paused somewhere is there? I don't know how many simultaneous non-PC connections you're allowed. If not, perhaps you might try removing the Pandora service, and re-adding it back in? Maybe something got a little out of whack somewhere.

There's certainly nothing wrong with Pandora, since it works on your PC and here on my Sonos setup.
Old Jun 14th, 2010, 10:15 PM

no other zone paused so removed the service. Now when I try to add it back in Pandora is no longer listed to under music services. I can't add it!
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 02:31 AM

MalcolmS,

Go to More Music.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM

More Music displays a page that says "+ More music choices" which if you follow that displays a page that points at www.sonos.com/getmusic. Nothing else
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 08:54 AM

Did you change your location? Pandora is only offered when the location in your Sonos registration says USA. When you take Sonos with Pandora abroad, it will still display, but Pandora will refuse to work, they filter by IP address.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 09:58 AM

No I'm in the same location. I've a paid Pandora One subscription that I can still listen to via my browser from www.pandora.com or from Pandora Mini or the Desktop app and have been for several years...

In my first post in this thread I said that I could still login to Pandora and it would retrieve my stations but I could not play them on Sonos. Now of course I can't get that far since removing the service to try re-installing...

Those are the facts - but not the whole truth. I'm currently listening to Pandora behind WiTopia's PPTP VPN.
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 11:30 AM

so you can play pandora through their web browser option? just not through the sonos native selection?
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubertaffy View Post
so you can play pandora through their web browser option? just not through the sonos native selection?
yes...

Through the web browser on my PC it works.

Through their desktop app on my PC it works (in fact i'm listening to it now).

Through Sonos (from any controller including the Desktop) I could browse to my stations but when I select a station, it said my connection to Pandora was lost...
Old Jun 15th, 2010, 02:48 PM

So you're not in the USA and you're tunneling in to use Pandora on the desktop?