Go Back   Sonos Forums > Sound Ideas

Old Jun 30th, 2007, 08:07 PM

I would also love to see this added. However, I think it would nice to see a stackable unit with both AM/FM and CD player. I know the CD might get little use but it's good for when a friend comes over with a CD. Add to that the ability to rip the CD directly to the music library and look up tags and you have a killer system.
Old Aug 20th, 2007, 09:33 AM

Default AM/FM Tuner

The new support for Sirius is great. But, I'd still like to see an AM/FM tuner built-in or add-on to zone player. Either way would be great as long as you could control it from the handheld controller.
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 10:06 AM

Default Allready possible

You can connect an external AM/FM tuner
to the line in source of any ZP.
In this way you can play AM/FM radio in all of you zones.

Same way as you would connect an external ipod or other MP3 player or cd player.

Regards,

Wesley
Old Aug 25th, 2007, 10:32 AM

Not with source control you can't...

Anyway, I've merged this suggestion with the existing suggestion thread on this subject.

Cheers,

Keith
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 01:18 PM

Add my vote for an FM / DAB tuner.

I would prefer the DAB as it also shows song information.

Last edited by adam_clarke; Nov 21st, 2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old Feb 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM

Thumbs up DAB tuner

A DAB tuner would be a great addition to the Sonos products. Great digital quality radio in the palm of you hand.

FM tuner would be nice as well, but as so many radio stations plan to go digital within the next years, it may be obsolete for most people.

The integrated tuner(s) should of course be controlable from the remote controller.
Old Sep 14th, 2011, 01:02 AM

The FM tuner should have an antenna connector so I can connect it to my cable. We have hundreds of channels on the cable-tv in very good quality.
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 05:53 AM

Default OTA FM/AM Tuner

Love my Sonos system - but I had an internet outage that lasted a couple of days. Could still listen to music in my library but that was it - it was a real bummer

I ended up plugging an iPod Nano into one of the S5 line in sources and used that, but then I was thinking - why not sell a box, similar to the iPod/iPhone dock that is an AM/FM OTA tuner? Once you purchase it/plug it in a add it to your system, it could become a menu option under music, and you would simply tune it to the desired station from any Sonos controller. Also since I'd imagine it'd be fairly small you could put it on an upper level of the house to get great reception. It would solve a couple of problems for me, I'm sure there are a few others.

There are some local stations I just can't get over Sonos or any other streaming service. Namely 97.9 WGRD, only app they stream from is Radio Pup. Pretty big station here in Grand Rapids, MI - I only listen to them for the morning show which is syndicated, but it'd be nice to get the local feed using an OTA tuner.

Next - internet outages. They happen, not the fault of Sonos by any means, but this would be a nice optional back up system.

Last thing - Sports! Most people get local sports broadcasts for free OTA. Since Sonos doesn't natively support MLB (for whatever reason) this would be a great way to get the into your system, control it easily, for a flat fee. I'd pay $100-$200 for the tuner no problem.

Just a thought, not sure if there's any support for anything like this - but it'd be great if there was.
Old Jun 18th, 2012, 08:04 AM

Default FM Tuner

Sports fans run into a significant problem with local radio stations that stream over the internet. Oftentimes (as is the case for me) the local radio station that broadcasts the football/baseball/other game doesn't own the internet distribution rights for the game, so while the game is being broadcast on the FM signal, the internet stream is broadcasting something completely different.

It seems like an integrated FM tuner would be cheap and easy to add, but then, I'm not an engineer. I realize you can add an FM tuner via an aux-in line, but it would not be nearly as convenient as an integrated solution. As a prospective customer I am hesitant to invest in what is an otherwise awesome system that's going to include what is (for me) a disappointment right out of the box.

This post is meant only as a suggestion for future models from a prospective customer and is by no means a complaint.

Also, I apologize if this is something that has been requested ad nauseam.