Go Back   Sonos Forums > Speakers and More...

Old Sep 14th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Default Wireless Outdoor speakers

I just bought the Sonos System and added a ZP120 zone player to hook wireless outdoor speakers to. I bought Element EWOS1 speakers. I used a Y adapter that came with the speakers to hook the transmitter to the SONOS ZP 120.

Didn't work, in fact the signal light didn't come on on the transmitter. I tried using a reverse Y adapter to plug into the subwoofer input. The signal light came on and got a bunch o bass through the speakers, so I know the ZP player is working and I know the speakers work (used them successfully through my computer.

These are 900mhz speakers. Does anyone have any experience using these sucessfully?
Old Sep 14th, 2008, 11:20 AM

dshannon1042,

The ZP120 does not have a Line-Out (the ZP100 does have Line-Out).

You'll need to connect to the ZP120's speaker output terminals. Hopefully, your wireless speakers will include instructions and a cable for this method.
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 11:37 AM

In my experience 900MHZ speakers have spotty reception at best. You may be better off hard wiring.
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzz View Post
dshannon1042,

The ZP120 does not have a Line-Out (the ZP100 does have Line-Out).

You'll need to connect to the ZP120's speaker output terminals. Hopefully, your wireless speakers will include instructions and a cable for this method.
The ZP90 also has line-level outputs. So it may be more suited for what you are doing. The ZP120 amplifies its outputs for direct connection to the speakers. Your wireless setup has its own amplifier in the speakers. You therefore don't need the ZP120's amp. In fact the level might be too high very quickly if you don't have a special cable to hook up to speaker terminals.
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 03:54 PM

Default Outdoor Systems

Look Sonos,

You have an outstanding product!! Now design an outdoor system (weather resistant), speakers and all, and include black in your choices (inside and out, altho spray paint would solve the problem). I would then spend another few thousand to get those systems. It is great where the consumers can actually have input that "could" drive the product. Bet ya never figured that would happen!

And one more thing. How about boosting the wattage to 100.. Some of use yuppies have endured years of rock and roll, and really enjoy loud music (it gets over the hearing loss we picked up). :-)

Last edited by Sodbuster; Sep 22nd, 2008 at 04:00 PM.

Tags
wireless speakers