Go Back   Sonos Forums > Digital Expert

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 03:35 PM

Default iPhone app crashing

Desktop controller sees all zones.

CR100 sees all zones.

iPhone app lost connection somehow to my patio zone (ZP120).

I reset everything.

iPhone app still can't see the Patio zone. How come?

App says it can't find the network, then it finds the other two zones. Hit the config button the app crashes.

Reenter the app it says it can't find any Sonos components.

It was playing everything fine, an album ended, I went to switch on Sirius, and that is where it died. CR100 still working fine.

Help.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 03:41 PM

Update: I removed the app and downloaded a fresh copy. I launched it, and it said to connect to a Sonos component. I hit the button it told me to on the bridge and it said 'please wait' and then the app crashed.

Restarted the app, it says 'searching for Sonos components. Please make sure you're within range of your wireless network.' I was.

I hit the config button, the app crashed.

CR100 still good.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 05:20 PM

I renewed the lease on the iPhone and all zones now show up, but i still can't browse the music... says it can't browse music, and may or may not crash the app.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 05:22 PM

Just started the desktop controller and it says 'connecting to your network' and then it too crashes.
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 02:51 AM

All is well this morning. The device that is considered the 'root bridge' is a ZP90... I believe that is the device that had the issue. Should that be getting warm at all? As an un-amped device, you wouldn't think so.
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrystalMan View Post
Should that be getting warm at all? As an un-amped device, you wouldn't think so.
I currently have two active ZP90s. Both get surprisingly warm for an un-amped device. I also had a Cullen-modified version a couple of years back, and considered the extra added circuitry rendered it unsafe! SQ with that expensive model was superb, but as it happened there were other instability issues with that one, and although I returned it, later I found network factors that meant the ZP90 itself probably was not to blame. But it was definitely too hot for me to feel comfortable leaving it powered up while away.

I also had Sonos replace yet another ZP90 under warranty because it also seemed very warm to the touch.

To recap I am on at least #3 downstairs, which also runs surprisingly warm. I moved it off its intermediate shelf on the audio equipment stack, and it sits on top now for better convection cooling. I have learned to live with it, but like you BlueCrystalMan I find it difficult to understand why this should be the case!

I power down all my audio kit now if away > 48 hours, partly for economy, but mainly to guarantee no fire risk!
Zone 6:- ZP90-->Altec ACS340; WD100; CR100: Zone 7:- ZP120-->Linn Sweetspots: Zone 8:- P:5B
Other:- 2xBR100: iPod touch: 2xiPhone ICR: 2xiPads
NAS:- CD Rips QNAP TS-209 Pro II 1.5TB RAID 1: HQ Music Library QNAP TS-209 II 1.0TB RAID 1
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCrystalMan View Post
All is well this morning. The device that is considered the 'root bridge' is a ZP90... I believe that is the device that had the issue. Should that be getting warm at all? As an un-amped device, you wouldn't think so.
The ZP90 idle consumption is ~4W. It will get slightly warm to the touch in the centre of the top surface.

It's a Linux computer, with active radio and network connections.

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/260