Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Sep 24th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Default Mog Connection Issues

Hello,

Starting last night my zp90 has been unable to connect to mog. I keep getting the following error message;

Unable to play- the connection to mog was lost

My zp90 is hardwired directly to Ethernet port. I restarted my router and computer and powered on and off the zp90 but still not luck.

I have the primo account and everything is paid up to date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Joe
Old Sep 24th, 2011, 06:44 PM

joe1515,

First post! Welcome to the forums.

From time to time all of the services have a bad hair day. If you can play Internet Radio, then your SONOS connection to the Internet is OK. If this is true, I suggest that you wait a few hours, then try MOG again.

In many cases the service issues are regional or perhaps your ISP is having a temporary issue with certain services.

If the issue does not clear in a few hours, contact MOG support. Also, by that time others may post here about their issue if this outage is wide spread and long lasting. When SONOS becomes aware of an issue that will last for a while, they'll post a notice here. Currently, there is a notice about a Pandora outage.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 10:03 AM

Been out since yesterday. I'm connecting, kind of, but all of the playlists are empty or contain 1 item. I can search and create a queue, but my PLs are screwed. I can confirm the PLs are OK on iPhone/Web, but Sonos desktop/iPhone/iPad are not.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 11:53 AM

Sir Dave,

Music services use multiple sets of servers. These servers can be scattered geographically. One area might work while another is struggling. Further, there are separate sets of servers for the web service and the direct service for hardware devices, such as SONOS.

The split between web and direct services can cause heartburn because the web service may offer more functions and the direct database updates may lag by a few days. Typically, new arrivals appear on the web service first. In a few cases, licensing agreements prevent a particular track from being offered on the direct service.

Evidently, the MOG direct servers in your area are struggling at the moment.
Old Sep 25th, 2011, 01:01 PM

buzz,

If it had been new playlists, I could understand. The playlists I built have been there for an easy month, if not longer. Also, the published playlists I gravitate to have been there a good piece. I'm pretty sure it's a MOG issue, but wanted to post on Sonos if others see an issue. So far, they say I'm the only one with this problem.

Was fine Friday, I'm pretty sure, but Sat morning EST it wasn't and still isn't Sun early evening.
Old Sep 30th, 2011, 04:26 PM

BTW, contacted Sonos support and others have reported the same problem. Sonos is looking into it and promised an email when it's fixed. I'll post an update when it's corrected or my MOG renewal comes up (Oct 14th) whichever is first.

Problem statement: Playlists on MOG are incomplete. Either empty or 1 track. This is true for Public PLs or Private PLs.
Old Oct 1st, 2011, 09:39 AM

Fixed!! Haven't gotten an email yet, but everything looks OK now.
Old Feb 28th, 2013, 05:59 AM

Default MOG - losing connection with service consistently

I have had this same problem with MOG on my Sonos system for months. It happens haphazardly, but daily. Out of the blue it will stop in the middle of a song or when a new song is queued up and the music will stop all of the sudden and say something like, "the connection to MOG has been lost"... it's VERY IRRITATING, especially in the middle of a song at high volume levels and may in fact be dangerous to my speakers & audio system. None of my other music services on SONOS have this problem of "losing connection". Anyone else continuing to have these issues with MOG?? I pay for this service because it's supposedly a higher quality music feed, but this issue is getting out of control and I may have to go back to Rhapsody or some other service. Thanks for any feedback.
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 12:04 PM

Not having any issue with MOG lately. It's been at least 3-4 months since I've had an issue. I play a continuous stream up in my office while working and my wife runs at least one other all day and usually two, one for her and one for the mini-me, downstairs.