Go Back   Sonos Forums > Digital Music

Old Mar 21st, 2012, 10:19 AM

Default Deezer multi-CD track order

Is anyone else having problems with the track order of multi-CD albums from Deezer on Sonos? For example, Pink Floyd's "Ummagumma" has the playing order completely mixed up. The correct playing order is on Deezer, but if I add the album to a playlist via Sonos, the order is incorrect.
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 11:46 AM

Default Deezer and multi-track (is shuffle play on?)

The Deezer service isn't available in the States, but I wonder if your SONOS playlist is in the "shuffle" mode.

When I have music in my library in the proper order (.e.g, a symphony's four movements) they sometimes play in random order because I had SONOS playlist in shuffle mode from previous queue list.
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM

@DrHitch Thanks. It's definitely not that, though. I've just double-checked.
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btocher View Post
... if I add the album to a playlist via Sonos, the order is incorrect.
How incorrect? Is it perhaps appearing (or playing) as
  • Astronomy Domine
  • Sysyphus
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
  • ...and so on, alternating discs?

If so, it would seem that the Deezer/Sonos combo isn't handling the disc tag correctly, or it isn't present.

On a two-disc set, if both disc's tracks are numbered as if the other disc does not exist, then when the entire album is added to the queue, it loads as 1,1,2,2,3,3, etc. The workaround for that on your own library would be to either begin numbering disc 2 at the point disc 1 leaves off, or to assign the Disc tag to each disc, which Sonos will honor. But, you don't get to change tags on Deezer's library.

I would contact Sonos Support, and advise them of this behavior. It may be that Deezer is sending the data but Sonos doesn't use it, or that Deezer doesn't send it, or something else, but only they would be equipped to know who needs to make a change.
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:20 AM

@NoBoB, yes, that's exactly what's happening. Your explanation is spot on. I'll contact Support as you suggest. Thanks for your help.
Old May 11th, 2012, 01:15 AM

Default Any news?

Hi @btocher, did you hear anything back from Sonos re: multi album ordering in Deezer? I'm finding it quite often now, especially where Deezer tend to provide 'deluxe' versions of albums with 12" and remixes on the second album. It's a real pain having to re-order the playlist.

If you never got round to raising it with Sonos, let me know and I'll have a go :-)

Cheers,
Crispin
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:04 AM

Hi @crispibits - yes, I did. I raised a support ticket with Sonos. They contacted me to say that they were able to replicate the behaviour, and that they would forward details to their Product Development Team to see if it was the problem was at Deezer's end, or something that Sonos themselves could fix (I'm absolutely certain it's the former).

The email finished by saying that unfortunately I wouldn't receive any further updates. It was certainly a deal-breaker for me. I had considered extending my three-month trial period with Deezer to a full paid account to run alongside my Spotify account, but since you say the problem is still happening, I won't be.

I hope you they it sorted out OK.
Old May 11th, 2012, 04:10 AM

Cool, thanks for letting me know. I'm lucky in that I won a 12 month Deezer premium account, so at least it's not costing me anything, but it is quite frustrating not knowing who to get it sorted. If I get anywhere I'll post here.

Cheers,
Crispin