Go Back   Sonos Forums > Digital Music

Old Sep 14th, 2013, 01:04 AM

Default re-adding audible

Had a crash on my computer a couple of days ago, which forced me to do a complete re-install of everything.
Now that I have it up and running again, I wanted to make sure the various sonos services were working as they should. Unfortunately my audible was stuck. Looking at the library from sonos, it was showing the files that were available before the crash, instead of the 2 I had downloaded to test it.
I have now removed the service, and tried to add it back; but I keep getting the "Sonos was unable to add the music folder. Reason: The computer "mycomputername" cannot be found"
The computername is correct (although it is in all caps), so I'm pretty sure that it is a connection issue between sonos and my computer, probably firewall. I have adding the various ports to the firewall, and even disabling it, but no succes so far.
I know it can work, as it worked pre computer-crash; but I am a bit stuck at the moment Any suggestions on what to try? Runnning on a windows 8.
Old Sep 14th, 2013, 01:23 AM

Default Interesting

Apparently it helps writing down the status After my previous post I tried a different route, and traced the problem to a faulty downloaded file in the audible manager on the computer.
Restarted the audible manager and downloaded the file again, confirmed that the file could be played on computer, and then added the service in sonos. This time it worked perfectly.