Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Dec 18th, 2009, 11:17 AM

Default Wireless headphones

First part of system installed yesterday- awesome! Would like to have capability of using wireless headphones. Haven't done a thorough search yet so maybe there already is a good work-around.
Old Dec 22nd, 2009, 01:34 PM

wireless headphones that plug into any other type of audio equipment should work here as well with a couple of issues to keep in mind. First, while depending on the zone player you have, there ARE the possibility of headphones mini jack, RCA audio out, optical out and digital coax out, there are NO options for the larger headphones jack. Granted, you can use an easily found adaptor. Same for situations where the actual zone player you use doesn't have one of the inputs I just mentioned.

the other thing to keep in mind would be to make sure you weren't adding wireless interferance with the headphones...just make sure its a different freq or channel.
Old Dec 23rd, 2009, 04:04 AM

I use the LTB Q-Bean ST Wireless Headphone Link. CD quality audio with your own preferable mini jack headphones.
But take the reception range in consideration
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 01:19 PM

Does anyone have any experience of the sennheiser wireless headphones? I'd be interested if they were good sound quality and if the range would extend to outside.
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Does anyone have any experience of the sennheiser wireless headphones? I'd be interested if they were good sound quality and if the range would extend to outside.
The Sennheiser FM analog ones are fine. I have a venerable RS85 set hung off a ZP of its own. The current equivalents go up to the RS120 model. They use the ~900MHz band (well away from Sonos), have good range and degrade gracefully with a bit of hiss. I use them outside without problem.

I tried the flagship 2.4GHz digital Sennheiser RS180 model and it was a dead loss. First of all the range is a lot less than the analog models. A more fundamental problem, though, was that the 2.4GHz frequency-hopping techology from Kleer seemed to stomp all over the Sonos wireless communications. Sonos controllers became sluggish and music suffered dropouts. When I checked the Sonos diagnostics I found the Sennheisers had really driven up wireless error rates on all the ZPs in the house. (FWIW other members have reported similar problems with 2.4GHz wireless surround/subwoofer systems.)

Needless to say the Sennheiser RS180 went back for refund and I reverted to my trusty RS85.
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 03:06 PM

OK thanks for the reply, you've saved me from making a potential expensive mistake