Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Nov 30th, 2009, 01:51 PM

Default Playing Audio Books

I have bought a few audio books from iTunes, but cannot play them via Sonos. I have converted all my iTunes files to iTunes Plus, but from what I can see the audio book files are still protected.

What can I do?
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 09:24 AM

i have not bought audio books through itunes but one other thing to just double check is that they are being stored in the directory that you have shared (in case you store music, movies, audiobooks, etc all in different locations)
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 10:24 AM

Thanks Ubertaffy. The audio books are in the right place. They appear to be ACC Protected files, which I think is the problem. I do not know why they are protected.
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 12:05 PM

when you right click and choose "get info" it shows you "protected" ? if so, then that is definately the problem. i know itunes has changed their "tune" (sorry) and now does music completely free of DRM. i know that any music you might have gotten before needs to be "converted" which can be done legally by paying them a bit of money and getting the new files or by burning a CD and re-ripping as unprotected. there are other less-legal ways too. are those options available for audiobooks?
Old Dec 3rd, 2009, 01:04 PM

That is the question I was asking the forum