Go Back   Sonos Forums > Sound Ideas

Old Jul 1st, 2008, 09:38 AM

I would gladly pay $50. For a native Sonos iPhone app.
Old Jul 5th, 2008, 04:29 PM

July 11th is around the corner and I would be quite surprised if someone (Sonos) is not working on a Sonos app for the iPhone/Touch....
Old Jul 7th, 2008, 12:10 PM

I don't want an iPod touch controller, even though I have the device. I want a built-in web app, which would then support the iPod, and the Nokia tablets, and my Linux boxes, and my old Audrey, not to mention your Macs and Windows boxes and various other web-enabled phone things.

I'm pretty mystified why any embedded developer does anything else. Your expertise is in hardware and firmware, not Windows app development. Why try to run in an chaotic environment like Windows (no, they are NOT all the same) when you can control exactly what is available?

Also, I want a pony.
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 12:37 PM

Default Hei SONOS - pls. sell me a mobile controller software

i know, i know - you guys wanna sell devices. but i got enough devices.

what i need is a controller software for mobile devices (640x480). isn't it that what you're using inside CR100?

make some profit selling software additionally. MS reaches 30% equity return.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 10:09 AM

You could sell it best at Apple Apps store for ipod touch or iphone. i'll give you $199 for that.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM

sh*t, now i see apple offers a free itunes remote software for iphone and ipod. now you're quite late, guys. a macmini is almost doing the same as your zp's. so, hurry!
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 10:40 AM

Default Apple free iTunes remote on iPhone / iTouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paps View Post
sh*t, now i see apple offers a free itunes remote software for iphone and ipod. now you're quite late, guys. a macmini is almost doing the same as your zp's. so, hurry!
Yep, Apple just became a stronger competitor with this free iPhone / iTouch remote for iTunes.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/10/a...-and-apple-tv/

Is anybody working on a Sonos app for the iPhone? I will pay $$$.
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoeff View Post
Yep, Apple just became a stronger competitor with this free iPhone / iTouch remote for iTunes.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/10/a...-and-apple-tv/

Is anybody working on a Sonos app for the iPhone? I will pay $$$.
Not really (imo).. Until Itunes can stream multiple songs to multiple zones, SONOS is ok (for now).

Where is CLIQLABS with that native app?

Old Jul 11th, 2008, 12:04 PM

I love my sonos system and really do not want to replace it. It is still the most elegant solution on the market. However, the controller is quickly falling behind. The search functionality on the controller was a welcome addition, but it begs for a touch screen. I hope sonos does not decide that controller sales are so essential to the business model that they chose not to develop an iphone app. That would be penny wise but pound foolish.

I hope to see an announcement soon regarding more flexible ways to control my system. If not, craigslist may find a sonos system for sale in the near future.
Old Jul 11th, 2008, 01:16 PM

Default Sonos killer

I love Sonos but this Iphone remote seems like a Sonos killer.

To have touchscreen search & coverflow access is a generation ahead of what Sonos now has.

Without having to buy anything other than the iPhone or iPod touch and getting better control than the Sonos now offers will probably kill Sonos.

Most people already have the computer and the stereo so they won't need to spend close to $1000 additional dollars on Sonos hardware. Just $200 for the iPod touch or iPhone.

And on that note if anyone builds a plugin to iTunes for Rhapsody I'll be selling a used Sonos system. Please email me if you are interested.