Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:25 AM

Default Unable to add shared folder... (900)

I'm getting the 900 error message on a regular basis.

I am running Win7 and Sonos 3.8 (the problem was present under 3.7 as well). I have two iTunes libraries: mine and my kids'. They both sit in shared folders on external USB hard drives. The shares are set to share with Sonos.

At least once a week the Sonos system can't find the iTunes libraries. So I delete from the Sonos system using the desktop controller, and re-add them. Up pops the 900 error message.

And here's where the fun begins. I've downloaded the two Sonos registry fixes, that increase the IPRStackSize from 12 to 15 and from 15 to 18 (all hex). Those provided temporary fixes. Then the problem re-appeared. I manually increased the stack size to 24 (hex). That solved the problem, but now it is back.

I have found a cure of sorts, which is to manually restart the service (control panel/administrative tools/services/Server + restart) and then Sonos will add the iTunes library without throwing a 900 error message. But that is not a ideal or handy solution.

This is becoming genuinely quite annoying. Does anyone have any bright ideas for a permanent fix?

Last edited by Greg66; Jun 2nd, 2012 at 02:30 AM.
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 03:58 AM

So it sounds to me like if you are having to redo the registry value, something is forcing it back to stock.

Normally, I would somehow thing a group policy object would be causing the change. But you'd need an active directory to push them through.

I'm not sure how the local policies work in Win7, but instead of manually updating the registry, I wonder if there is a better "gui" method, which would also be currently acting as the baseline.....

As a third option..... Do you have another machine which you can leverage the external drive for the sonos?
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 10:14 AM

I use one of these: http://www.amazon.com/International-...pr_product_top to add up to 4 usb drives to my home or portable away network. It has worked flawlessly with Sonos. An added bonus is you don't have to keep a dedicated computer running to access your music for playing on Sonos. Cirago also makes an older NUS 1000 model for $50 but I can't vouch for it as I haven't used that model.
If your error involves the usb drive server, this may be a permanent solution.
Also, I have all my drives formatted in FAT32, if that makes any difference.
Old Jul 7th, 2012, 03:58 AM

I have the same exact issue, and have for well over a year. The registry fix would work for a while (maybe a week or two each time), then the problem would recur and I'd have to toggle it to another of the 3 values they suggest. Sonos tech support had me install "TeaTimer" and SpyBot Search & Destroy to prove that the registry was not being changed back, or malware wasn't involved. Once that did not pan out, the case went cold, and they just stopped responding to me. This is very frustrating, and while Sonos tech support has been great in the past, they dropped the ball entirely on this one.
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 05:00 PM

Default Did anyone find an answer for this problem?

I am having the exact same problem years after all of you were. Did anyone find a permanent fix?
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutusf View Post
I am having the exact same problem years after all of you were. Did anyone find a permanent fix?
Try https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/266
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM

Default Error message 900 with iTunes library

I now have the same problem. I have run the upnp900fix.reg and upnp900fix24.reg but the problem persists.

Sonos is worthless without being able to read the iTunes library.

Any solutions ?
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liacos View Post
I now have the same problem. I have run the upnp900fix.reg and upnp900fix24.reg but the problem persists.

Sonos is worthless without being able to read the iTunes library.

Any solutions ?
Talk to Sonos Support. They'll be able to remote into your computer and see what's what.
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 10:18 AM

Default Thank you Sonos support

OK I got my Sonos working again after spending about an hour on the phone with Sonos support.

The technical rep was patient, competent and took all the time he needed to solve my 900 error problem via a remote connection.

He checked and changed a lot of my computer setting which I watched but could not understand so I am sorry to say that I cannot help the Sonos community by explaining how my problem was solved.

Thank you Sonos support.
Old May 10th, 2014, 03:08 AM

Thumbs up Fix on mac...

So just had the 'unable to add shared folder...error 900' annoying and frustrating message on my iMac after all working perfectly for 3 weeks.

I had to 'reset' the folder location in iTunes>preferences under the> 'advanced' section.

Turn the mac off and on again after resetting this option...

...worked for me.

no call needed to Sonos.

back to amazing audio streaming!!