Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Apr 12th, 2012, 07:36 AM

Default Exchanging Sonos playlists

My friend (a happy Sonos user) has put together some Sonos playlists I'd like to have. The other way around: he'd like to have the ones I (also a happy Sonos user) made over the years. What to do?

I was thinking to take one of my Play 5's to his house and connect it to his system. His Sonos system will then update my Play 5 with his playlists. Am I correct in assuming this will work?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 09:33 PM

beynym,

I have two systems in this house. One day, when I was not paying attention, I moved one player to the other system. The result was not very pretty. I ended up trashing the receiving system's playlists and operation was a little quirky.

It is not clear what should happen as the shuttle unit is added to the other system. Should the libraries and playlists be merged? 'A' replace 'B'? 'B' replace 'A'? What should happen to the music service registrations? We have similar issues again as the shuttle unit is returned to its original system. How could the shuttle unit determine that it is a temporary excursion or a permanent move (due to being given or sold to a new home)?

Last edited by buzz; Apr 12th, 2012 at 09:36 PM.
Old Apr 12th, 2012, 11:54 PM

Thanks, Buzz. Based on what you say, I'll renounce from the experiment.