Go Back   Sonos Forums > General Discussion

Old Mar 21st, 2012, 07:56 PM

Default Update to 3.7 Failed iPad3 and PC Controller

I attempted to peform a update form my iPad3 to Version 3.7. The "beta" version of 3.7 found a newer update and offered to install. The install updated all of my SONOS components and then installed the update to the iPad3 SONOS app. The SONOS iPad app displays the message "Some of your Sonos Componets need to be updated. Press Update to update your SONOS components". I press update and the online updates indicates that no Updates are Required.

I then went to my PC (Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate) and started SONOS. I proceeded to perform the update and received the error message that the SONOS controller installer failed to download.

I then manually downloaded the Verison 3.7 software from the SONOS website and did the install. It now displays teh same error message that the iPad3 has and will not do a update. The error message that the SONOS controller installer failed to download.

I then went to my SONOS CR100 and did a update. The update completed, however the About screen indicates that I have version 3.61 installed on all my SONOS hardware.

Any ideas as to how to get out of this cycle and update to Version 3.7 ??
Old Mar 21st, 2012, 10:49 PM

I have exactly the same problem and am also updating from the beta.

I have logged a call with support but have not had any response other than 'have you tried reinstalling the software'. I also updated via the iPad, but have also tried this from 2 laptops and the cr controllers but no luck yet.

Please post any updates if you manage to solve this one and I will let you know if support come up with a fix.
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:09 AM

Default SONOS Update Fix

Apparently there was a E-Mail sent to the Beta testers alerting them to this issue. I searched my E-Mail and did not find the notification. The fix was suppose to be ready on Friday but they have pushed it out today.

I called this morning and was immediately connected with a SONOS tech. After a few minutes of explaning my issue he contacted the beta coordinator.

I was then instructed to uninstall the SONOS "Beta" controller from the PC, iPad3 and iPhone. After that I downloaded the PC V3.7 SONOS controller and did the re-install. During the install it updated all of my SONOS components to Verison 3.7 and finished the installation. I then did the update on my two CR100 controllers, iPad3 and iPhone4.

My system is now operational again !!!!

Hope this works for your.
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:02 AM

I did get the email. My system and controllers downgraded to 3.6.1, but my desktop and iOS devices are on 3.7 and won't talk to the system. The system does not want to upgrade to 3.7. I'll try to uninstall the PC controller and re-download to see if that works. I thought it was just me!
Old Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:51 PM

Just read the email after talking to support...I have to wait until tomorrow to get the update to 3.7 on my system.

My iOS and desktop are on 3.7, while my Zone Players and Sonos controllers are on 3.6.1. I should be able to pull down the update to my system sometime tomorrow.

I should really read more carefully!
Old Mar 24th, 2012, 11:03 AM

Can someone clarify the uninstall procedure? I'm in the same position as the other posters here, I have a mac with the 3.6 beta controller and I've tried everything up to and including command line hackery to erase any trace of the controller software, but every time I try to install 3.7 the process says updates are available and I end up getting reverted to 3.6 beta. My CR100 is at 3.6 and claims no updates are available, and all of my hardware is on 3.6 as well. My iThings all updated to 3.7 on ios 5.1 and now say the hardware needs an update, but clicking through on the app routes me back to the app store.

Anybody been able to break out of this loop?